Our school is part of the West Dorset School Sports Partnership – encouraging all children to take active and regular exercise through lessons, lunchtime and after school activities.
The partnership is a group of 68 schools primary, middle and secondary schools working together to develop PE and sport opportunities for all young people. The West Dorset School Sport Partnership is based at its hubsite The Wey Valley School & Sports College.
The West Dorset School Sport Partnership works towards seven key aims for ALL young people.
- Increased participation in high quality physical education.
- Increased participation in high quality out of school hours learning.
- Increased participation in high quality informal activity.
- Increased participation in high quality competition and performance.
- Improved attitude, behaviour and attendance in PE and all school activities.
- Increased attainment & achievement in and through PE and out of school hours learning and sport.
- Increased participation in community sport and improved quality of community life
The school sports co-ordinator for the West Dorset Schools Collaboration is Mr Ryan Hobby based at Beaminster School.
The sports co-ordinator for our school is Mr Nick Rice.